Information on MAAV Walk 2016
The 21st Annual Walk and Candlelight Vigil will be held on Sunday, Oct. 16 at 4:00 pm, starting and ending at the Melrose Veterans Memorial Middle School, 350 Lynn Fells Parkway in Melrose.
Please join us to commemorate the victims of domestic violence in Massachusetts over the past year and rededicate ourselves to preventing violence in the community. Event will include:
- A candlelight vigil honoring victims, brief remarks and music in the auditorium
- Community art project “A Path to Hope”
- Alternate activity for children
- 2-mile walk around Ell Pond in Melrose
- Participants walking in teams or as individuals
- Refreshments in the cafeteria at the conclusion
- Walk T-shirts for sale
- Team photos
Other Things to Know:
- Event takes place rain or shine.
- Dogs are welcome along the Walk route
- Children of all ages are welcome. Activities for young children will be offered during the candlelight vigil if a parent prefers.
- The Walk is MAAV’s largest fundraiser. There is no registration fee but we ask participants to make a donation or collect pledges, either in person or online. Suggested donation is $20 per person.
- Participants are encouraged to form teams from your organization, workplace, neighborhood, house of worship or friends. Contact MAAV for Team Captains’ Packet.
Our goal this year: To involve 50 teams and 500 participants, and to raise $50,000 for MAAV’s critical services and violence prevention programs.
For more information contact MAAV at 781-662-2010 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Melrose Alliance Against Violence
235 West Foster Street, Melrose, MA 02176 phone 781-662-2010 fax 781-662-2009